I’m taking on a challenge. I’m learning 21 people’s names in 21 days. Actually, I'm learning more than their just their names. These are not random people off the street, these are people in my world but I've never met them. I had a desire to know these people even before I photographed them and learned their names. After I photographed each person, I interviewed them about leadership, their view on people and their one word to the world. I chose to focus on leadership because these 21 people have led me in one way or another. Now, I know their names.

Monday, April 2, 2012

15 ABC's

       Garrett's last name comes right after mine in class. When we get our papers handed back, I always see his name and the funny quotations he puts on his paper like, "I've ridden in a hot air balloon before." One day, Garrett was recognized for his talent in swimming by my professor, so finally I matched the name with the face. I have to admit, Garrett was probably the hardest to convince that photographing him would be painless. Thankfully, in the end he did it for me. And yes, he is reading our text for the class, I thought it'd be appropriate.

      Garret says, "I like people. Yeah, I think everyone's different, everyone has their strengths. Everyone wants to feel appreciated."
      "A leader should be someone that helps others excel, someone that helps others come up to where they are, like Christ."


Garrett's word to the world

Care

No comments:

Post a Comment