I’m taking on a challenge. I’m learning 21 people’s names in 21 days. Actually, I'm learning more than their just their names. These are not random people off the street, these are people in my world but I've never met them. I had a desire to know these people even before I photographed them and learned their names. After I photographed each person, I interviewed them about leadership, their view on people and their one word to the world. I chose to focus on leadership because these 21 people have led me in one way or another. Now, I know their names.

Monday, April 9, 2012

20 and 21 Paying Dues

      Yes, I'm doing a self portrait for #20. But the catch is that this photograph was taken by none other than my #21, Dr. Hotchkiss - the man who started it all in the first place. I photographed Dr. Hotchkiss first, then handed him the camera and he took my picture. He has a talent and love for photography.
      It has been an honor to go through this experience. I've learned that people are blessings in life. That no matter who you meet on this earth, they can be a blessing and you can see miracles together. (It may sound cheesy but it's true.) I've learned that everyone has the capacity to lead. That all people, throughout everyday in their lives can be the kind of leader that Hugh Nibley talks about, the hero's of old. I've seen people's true character and I hope that you can see it through the photographs I've presented in these 21 days.


       Dr. Hotchkiss says, "I look at people in a positive view. I trust them. If you trust people you don't know, you get better results."
      "My motto for leadership is: Build, enable, and open the door. I want to do that for others in order to enable them to do what they couldn't before. As a leader, it's important to be clear in communication. I have high expectations for my followers, that way you can inspire them to achieve more than they thought they could."


(Relax, it's rootbeer....)


Dr. Hotchkiss' one word to the world

Understand

 


My word to the world

Listen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment