I’m taking on a challenge. I’m learning 21 people’s names in 21 days. Actually, I'm learning more than their just their names. These are not random people off the street, these are people in my world but I've never met them. I had a desire to know these people even before I photographed them and learned their names. After I photographed each person, I interviewed them about leadership, their view on people and their one word to the world. I chose to focus on leadership because these 21 people have led me in one way or another. Now, I know their names.

Monday, April 9, 2012

18 The New Kids on the Block

       Cute, right? This is the 2nd counselor in my Bishopric and his wife, Brother and Sister Richards. They're brand new to the ward. And what better way to throw them in than to have them teach the dating/relationship class. And obviously they do a great job. They have both had an influence on me, they're both spiritual giants and they both have quite the character.

     Sister Richards says, "There's a lot of different people, I've studied them before. I've studied their surroundings and why they are the way they are. A good leader needs to be versatile, they need to be able to communicate with the people you lead. You need to be able to adapt to those around you."

     Brother Richards says, "I think all people are unique. I think it's fun to watch different people and how they hold themselves. A good leader is caring and leads by example, they do what they preach."





The Richards' word to the world

 Live

 

No comments:

Post a Comment